Frequently Asked Questions
Carolina Business Technologies (CBT) is a short term, business to business, office equipment rental company. We were founded in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina and work throughout the Charlotte, NC region.
You can rent by the day, week, month or year. The majority of our rentals are for one or several days (presentations, training sessions or conventions).
Any size company may have a need for a piece of office equipment for a short or long term project, trade show or training session. We serve the business community and trade show/convention market. Our primary customers are corporations, small businesses, trade associations, political candidates and film production companies.
While other local office equipment companies focus on the sale of new equipment, we focus on finding the best solution to your equipment needs. We give you more flexibility. With CBT’s rental programs, you are not locked into a long term lease. This enables us to offer these benefits:
- The best of office equipment and latest technologies.
- Response time. In many cases, same day delivery when needed.
- Service & support. If something is not right, we will make it right.
- Competitive pricing. And….no long term lease contracts that are impossible to change.
- Delivery of the equipment when you need it…(including weekends)
- Installation, setup, training
- Assistance in loading of printer drivers and configuring scanning
- You contact CBT, either by phone or answer some questions on our “Quote Request” page.
- We respond back to you to get a better feel for you specific wants and needs.
- We prepare a quotation with the options and terms that you request.
- When we reach an agreement, we schedule an installation date.
- We deliver the equipment and install the drivers needed or assist your IT Team.
- If the rental is long-term, we follow-up once a month to make sure the copier is working perfectly, get a page count (meter reading) and check to make sure you have plenty of toner.
- If after several months, you decide you need a faster (or slower) copier, we reassess your needs and swap out the copier to a different model.